addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Roc me, Amadeus. (Eden Playtest)

Roc me, Amadeus. (Eden Playtest)

Eric
EricVulgaris
Seattle, WA
Post #: 22
Hello!

Last Thursday, I sat down to play Eden with 3 others J, N, and S. J graciously facilitated this game and was the first game of Eden for half of our group. Prep took about an hour and the big takeaways were Eden was walled off by a shimmering Aurora forcefield. Behind our celestial walls we had:

• Great temperate forest with a great owl
  • Wintery/arctic woodlands with a clan of wolves
  • tropical trees with a single sloth
  • a river with beaver dams

Like most games of Eden, they succeed or fail based on the portrayal of animals. When you find that funny or interesting personality for an animal, play tends to shift towards that animal. Our starting animal of interest was the "Seth Rogan Sloth" who basically was lazy and quasi-Zen Buddhist. Take your time and concern yourself with the right now.

Funnily enough, that theme came up in the dramatic finale of our session where there were some beavers getting way too industrious and daming up everything and we were away up on a mountain trying to talk to the thunder/lightning powered bird, the Roc.

The Roc wouldn't help us with our problems, but the Roc got REALLY pissed when we told him the Beavers were talking smack about him. The Roc, furious at these transgressions, summoned a vortex of lightning over the beaver's great dam. Anyways, our beavers had the fear of God struck in them, renounced their industrious ways, and lived in harmony with nature.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 679
(Eric - meetup uses squares braces for HTML code which hides the text, so I switched them to parentheses in the title)
Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 97
Anyways, our beavers had the fear of God struck in them, renounced their industrious ways, and lived in harmony with nature.
Ha! Take that beavers!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.