addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Firebrands: Friendship is the Answer

Firebrands: Friendship is the Answer

Justin
user 12825489
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Players: Lex, Alex, Eric, and myself.
A scientist, a pop star, a princess prodigy, and a dog eared alien walk into a video arcade ...

Another successful game of Firebrands! This time we explored some of the environmental themes included in the user manual and focused on the planned harvesting of and protection of a particularly valuable natural habitat on Bantral.

Personal highlights: "corrupting" some of the more violent games and making them much softer. In particular, framing a tactical skirmish (normally quite brutal) as taking place in a strategic video game. Also having our battle royal feature mostly harmless paintgun style antics.

We also managed to successfully have a game in which all the characters were largely, if unwittingly, on the same side. The main contention being familial and political lines. This game, in contrast to my last, has shown me just how different each game of Firebrands can be.

Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION