addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Play Outside › Happy Hallow- GAH! (The Final Girl)

Happy Hallow- GAH! (The Final Girl)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 121
So I am in a regular Call of Chthulu group but with a couple players absent, I volunteered to facilitate The Final Girl. And what a blast we had! Our story took place on Halloween as a group of trick or treaters from a blending family (Fred was dating Susan and they both had children from previous marriages and of course Susan's ex was there too, as well as some other adult relatives.) One by one they were felled by mysterious flashers. Our "final girl" almost ended up being Billie, the rather nervous ten-year-old, but instead was the loner teen Jack who in a twist was (one of) the killer(s)! *cue dramatic music*

Of course I checked in about everyone's comfort level involving children in this scenario. The Final Girl is campy slasher-flick fun so it's not intended to be too horrific but still! Everyone was okay playing kids so we had teens, kids, and adults alike being menaced. Fun for the whole family!

Everyone had a good time and embraced the characters they played in the moment and their turns as the Killer since that rotates. We used the Friendship mechanic but the Rivalry and Screwing weren't seen in play. This time! I was happy to see players used to a more structured, investigative type-game embrace the creativity of something much more story-oriented and random.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION