addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Gestation Meditation (Shock)

Gestation Meditation (Shock)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 728
Caroline and I were talking about this excellent game elsewhere, so I'm going to be lazy and just copy & paste:

Caroline:
I played an absolutely stellar 4-player game of Shock: Social Science Fiction yesterday at Story Games Seattle. Our issues were misinformation, biological pre-determinism, breeding control, and giving up control of your own decisions, so our shock was obviously a meditation technique that allowed you to influence the baby's biology during the pregnancy. Lots of messed up family situations. *so good*
Me:
So good! Caroline is politely avoiding mentioning that her character's story goal was to use "gestation meditation" to hack his teenage daughter's pregnancy, whether she likes it or not. Yep, that's right: it's not just the mother that can do it. Little circles of people can hover around a pregnant woman and alter the baby's genetic makeup. And everybody's doing it.
We also used the latest version of our streamlined rules, which reduces some of the dice complexity and focuses on the creative parts of the game. I think it worked quite well.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION