addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › The Truth About Abigail (Perfect Unrevised)

The Truth About Abigail (Perfect Unrevised)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 125
The Players- Shimon, Tim, Dani, Quinn

We decided to give Perfect Unrevised a try. It's a Victoriana dystopian themed game where you play a "criminal" (could actually be a criminal or someone who just doesn't follow all of society's rules) of your own as well as narrating the efforts of the Inspectors to... correct undesirable behaviors and re-educate criminals. So the game could potentially get into some really dark territory. Think V for Vendetta, A Clockwork Orange.

This game has SO much potential, it's a really interesting concept about exploring boundaries, testing them, what it is to be on the outside, the price you pay for fighting for what you what believe in... I want to like it. Setup took a bit, as there are a LOT of fictional rules and quite a few things about the society to explain. I think we started too big with our first crimes rather than building up. That might have allowed for a richer experience and helped us get familiar with the flow. It's more of a narrative game than one where you're talking in character a lot. Most scenes are between two people and because there was a lot going on even in our first scenes, they ended up taking a while.

Next time, I'd encourage people to start out smaller with their "crime" so they have a chance to learn mechanics and make sure the first scenes move a bit quicker. I think I could have done better at managing the flow of at least my scene as the criminal- there was definitely a point where it went too long. We actually had a really great discussion after the game about some ways to get the other players involved and providing input. (The game gives some great suggestions on how to do that on its own too.) I wouldn't mind giving it a try again some day- some day when there is plenty of time to do a good few rounds with people who would be comfortable with the very mature, complex topics this game hopes to engage.

Thank you so much to Shimon, Tim, and Quinn for playing and being bold enough to give this a try! I had a good time around the table and you were all great sports. :)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION