addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › New Meetup: Introduction to Nine Worlds

New Meetup: Introduction to Nine Worlds

Alan B.
user 2288603
Federal Way, WA
Announcing a new Meetup for Story Games Seattle!

What: Introduction to Nine Worlds

When: July 11, 2009 12:00 PM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

I just played Nine Worlds at GoPlay NW and found the rule system elegant and the setting engaging. I think it's a game that deserves more attention and I'll run it at our meetup July 11.

From John Kim's RPG Encyclpedia ( http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/­ )

"Nine Worlds by Matt Snyder (2004) Chimera Creative. A science fantasy RPG with an original setting, a fantasy solar system with elements of Greek mythology where aetherships traverse the swirling mists of space between the nine planets, each ruled by the Eternals (Aphrodite ruling Venus, etc.). The rules use playing cards, where each player has a deck of cards to draw from. Characters draw based on their Arete or Hubris attribute, with bonuses for related Muses; then select a number of cards of the same suit. Winning conflicts results in the accumulation of Tricks."

***Bring a dollar to give me so I can pay meetup.com to keep this feature going.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION