addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: No Rest for The Wicked (Geiger Counter)

What We Played: No Rest for The Wicked (Geiger Counter)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
No Rest for The Wicked (May 1)
Geiger Counter
players: Greg, Brian, Tim, James, Ben (with Susan & her hat backing us up)

Sin, murder and one killer Indian spirit monster in the mean old west. "I don't have to outrun the owlbear, I just have to outrun you..."

Susan
FailToReject
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
I had a lovely May Day afternoon playing croquet with old college friends and was pleased to find I had time afterwords to stop by Wayward for the second half of Story Games. I had a really good sandwich, chai, and banana bread while watching the guys play. James was once again a total joy - throwing himself into role playing prospector Salt Peter (among others) and generally lighting up the room. The five-man group kept Ben on his toes doing his usual skilled job of nudging the game here and there. Not to the detriment of his Gunslinger character though, who was quite fun. Tim brought thoughtful play and some truly lovely drafting skills to the map. Brian was always keen to quickly set a scene and keep the game moving, which was helpful give that it was a long one! Greg managed once again to be a creative and involved player without being pushy in the slightest (I'll need to learn from him :)

I think my favorite moment was one after the local school mistress (who has no students in this tiny ghost town) is sitting at home after a close encounter with the owlbear:

The townsfolk are attempting to bring Miss Sally Maycourt out of her hysteria with a calming cup of tea. Her hands are shaking so hard her teacup is clattering against the saucer as she tries to sip from it. Classic terrified lady imagery. Bravo!

See you guys soon, I look forward to it.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION