addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: Cops and Killers (Fiasco)

What We Played: Cops and Killers (Fiasco)

A former member
Post #: 2
Cops and Killers (May 6)
Fiasco
players: Jason, Sylvia, Tri

Their game had the teenage girl angst. We had the body-count, and the smug, surviving bastards who more-or-less got away with it.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 22
Jason, it seemed like you guys jumped into scenes a lot faster than we did. Do you think rushing the setup was what got you guys into trouble tying in all your characters?

We spent a lot of time fleshing out our relationships and brainstorming how our details tied in, which I think helped our play a ton.
A former member
Post #: 3
I don't think it was the speed, per se - rather, I think we missed the warning signs that some of our relationships weren't present-focused enough to support hanging scenes off of them. Three seems to go a lot faster than four in general, with less options to consider at every opportunity - the possibilities get restricted really quickly, and that was good for pushing us into creativity.

But we were a fairly newbie group, and so we ended up with relationships that were interesting on paper, but ended up being hard to use in play. I'm not sure more time would have saved us; a more experienced player probably would have. We're all more experienced now, though, and sometimes you have to fail to learn.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION