addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › In A Wicked Age: Gods and Monkeys

In A Wicked Age: Gods and Monkeys

KingstonC
user 8781612
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
I ran the IAWA game at the 17th. A stonecutter and a merchant plot to "remodel" which is to say, destroy, a small roadside shrine. Meanwhile, a monkey trainer is haunted by the ghost of his beloved monkey, Zozo, who cannot rest until the merchant who killed the monkey, is killed. The poor priest had to both protect his shrine from destruction and deal bring the ghost of the meddlesome monkey to heal. In the end, the temple was destroyed and the priest cursed all the others to waste away.
Robert
user 8558278
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I don't think I really grasped either the game mechanics or what makes IAWA distinct from other story games, but I really liked the ending, with the shrine wrecked and everyone cursed! :-)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION