addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: Drugs for Sale (Remember Tomorrow)

What We Played: Drugs for Sale (Remember Tomorrow)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 45
Aug 28
players: Brian, Kingston, Kelley, Ben

This might have been our low-water mark for Remember Tomorrow. Not a lot of interest at the table, but that might have been due to very divergent stories.

It's kind of fascinating that even though you can drop your character and start a new one whenever you want -- something you can't do in most other games -- no one ever does, even if they don't like their current character. I've seen it in other Remember Tomorrow games too. I suspect that even though you have the option, the old habit of sticking with your character dies hard.

I also wonder whether, like Polaris, for a one-shot you're better off starting with fewer PCs, getting their stories in motion, then adding more. So with four players, do PCs for two characters, complete the intro loop, then bring in two more now that there is that context.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION