addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: Rex Populi (Microscope)

What We Played: Rex Populi (Microscope)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 47
Sept 2
players: Cy, Josh, Ben

I wrote a bit about this game over yonder: You don't vote for king!

I have to say, my favorite moment was when Cy was trying to pressure the king to relax the warp embargo and Josh hit back with some stone cold noblesse oblige:

Cy / commoner: "But without imported fuel, there is no way to transport all the resources we need. The economy will suffer!"

Josh / king: "Yeah, that sounds like a problem. I guess you better pick up a sack and start carrying things."

Cy / commoner: "Uh, milord, it's leagues and leagues. It'd be much faster with fuel..."

Josh / king: "Yep, but you peasants are cheap and renewable resource. Start marching, slave!"

Snap!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION