addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: Destroy the Machine! (Polaris)

What We Played: Destroy the Machine! (Polaris)

Robert
user 8558278
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
Saturday, Oct 9
players: Robert, Kate, Marniy, GM Brian

Marniy's knight became somewhat obssessed with a mysterious/sinister machine created by the head of the Architect's Guild (a mistaken), going so far as to defy the king to use it as a lure to a mistaken army -- but at what cost to the people of the city? Meanwhile, my knight was concerned with more personal betrayals, as my brother turned out to be in league with a thief plaguing the museum I curated, and the musuem's patron turned up dead under suspicious circumstances.

I really like the close-to-diceless 'But only if...' conflict resolution, but was finding it a little difficult to ensure that there was always new moon, full moon, and mistakens around for all of the scenes.

Also, the game felt like it could use a more extended run of play than just a one shot to get the full benefit of the flavor of the setting.

Thanks again to Brian for facilitating!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 60
but was finding it a little difficult to ensure that there was always new moon, full moon, and mistakens around for all of the scenes.
Any player (Moons or Mistaken) can jump into the scene with a character whenever they want. They can just make up someone on the fly and walk in. It's nice because it takes that responsibility off the person framing the scene and let's everyone come up with ways to participate.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION