addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: Intergalactic Wobble-Cosby Apocalypse (InSpectres)

What We Played: Intergalactic Wobble-Cosby Apocalypse (InSpectres)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 59
Sat October 16
Players: Pat, Mike, Tim, Becca, Ket, Eric, Kelcey, GM Ben

We had a _big_ group (eight people), so we fell back on a simpler game: InSpectres. We brainstormed setting and wound up with a space variant, but not a high-brow / philosophical InSpace game: more A-Team in space, with hints of Hitchhiker's Guide and Red Dwarf. Oh, and with a dash of Spelljammers.

We started with a stock "brain jellies taking over people's minds" intro, and through the magic of InSpectres the players unfolded a hilarious and fascinating ancestral war between the maybe-not-so-malicious jellies (the Cosbies) and the maybe-not-so-harmless tribble-analogs (the Wobbles) that we decided had been infesting their ship even before we got to thinking about a mystery. Way to reintegrate those details! Oh, and there was a doomsday cult set on reigniting the ancient alien conflict. Those guys was jerks.

Lots of great bits ("I'm only 1/4 zombie. On my mother's side.", "Crystals! Crystals! Crystals!" "Where's... uh that guy? Y'know, the guy from our ship. Wassisname."), but I think my personal favorite moment was when the rest of the crew visits Chef Tesla and Captain Estes in minimum security resort-jail, and after only an hour in the joint the easy-going and affable Captain has already turned into a hard-ass, with prison tats and a Wobble rolled up in his shirt sleeve*, talking about shiving snitches in the yard.

There were a lot of really interesting plot threads (like the confessional revelation that Dax was actually Sam's brother, and investigative reporter Terri being right on top of the story but not knowing it) that we totally would have explored if we had more time.

Thanks to everybody who played (and Tim for inviting us)!

* his shameful addiction was snorting Wobbles. One reason the infestation of the ship wasn't getting sorted out in a hurry. The other reason was the crew were a bunch of scruffy deadbeats.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION